Choosing an automated test tool include testing thoroughly, trying more ways for testing which were earlier not feasible, efficiency, reducing tedious manual testing. Few things to keep in mind while choosing an automated testing tool are:
- Points at which current testing is time consuming.
- Points at which current testing is tedious.
- Problems that are again and again missing with the current testing.
- Testing procedures that are carried again and again.
- Testing procedures that should be carried but are not being carried.
- Identify points where testing is not sufficient.
- Identify test tracking and management processes that can be implemented.
The choices of automated testing tool can be narrowed based on the characteristics of the software application. Once the shortlisting of automated tools is done, trial is taken for the final selection. Ensure that the selected testing tool is appropriate and the capabilities and limitations are well understood.