Baldrige, etc., understand the underlying principles and the principles behind its applicability. Note that the quiz will be testing a thorough understanding of the various clauses, procedures, etc, but their understanding of concepts and their links with quality processes in organizations.
• Understanding the principles of Deming: I mean to understand the reasons behind Deming espousing these principles, not memorize the principles as mentioned in the CBOK (they have
slightly modified to fit the IT context), but try to get your hands on the original principles enunciated by Deming and link to the current IT context. Then return to the CBOK to receive a clear understanding of it. See the links on this site for more information on Deming.
• Quality tools: Quality tools are an indispensable aid for a quality manager to collect information, analyze and arrive at meaningful conclusions. Coverage of the tools in the CBOK is limited. Do you read more about the tools (check out any lovely quality book, it is necessary to cover them). Recall that stress is the understanding of the principles and their applicability to real life. Which means do not waste time in preparing control charts (for example) and calculating the UCLs and LCIS
To guarantee quality, they must be aware of the ramifications of security violations. It is no longer the exclusive domain of the technique administrator.
• Web-based projects: a recent session by George Winters SEPG conference held in New Delhi by QAI India was focused on changes that occur in the SEI to accommodate Web-based applications and concepts behind them. turn-based Web project life cycle SDLC in his head. It also challenges
Covers the applicability of application engineering as a requirement management, etc. George Winters also highlighted in the concept of "trusted application. trusted application, by definition, means that the application does what is necessary to do , by persons who are authorized to use, and alerting the public when someone abuses the "trust." Needless to say, this is a real challenge for Web-based applications.
• real life case studies of application engineering principles: to receive a lovely grip on the case studies of real life application engineering.
For consideration do some background study on the challenges posed by Web-based projects and their impact on application engineering principles.
1. Tools: Used for tests, measurements, configuration management, and why?
2. Function Points: its use with examples
References: Online: CSQA.info
1. The man of the month (an excellent book for application engineers)
2. Pressman Application Engineering ( to get an overview, do not waste time reading the whole book finish to finish)
3. Statistics by Levin and Rubin (to get an idea of the applicability of a quantity of the tools of quality control)